CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 23, 2011

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday

It seems that lately, there has been so much tragedy and sadness. My best friend from grade school and another good friend and former coworker are currently battling cancer. A friend and old coworker just passed away and will be buried today. Some of my other friends are hurting because of the death of a friend and coworker. It reminds me of a song that I recently heard called, "Blessings." The song talks about how our trials are our mercies in disguise. We don't know any reason, but we have to believe that there is an underlying reason for our trials because there are so many blessings that we receive every single second. Some of these blessings are not evident unless you look deep inside your soul and listen.

My friend Darlene that will be laid to rest today was a wonderful woman that I met ten years ago when we were both doing hospital orientation. Later on, we both worked at a local nursing home, and Darlene became good friends with my mom. Darlene and my mom were kindred spirits and had similar interests and views. She always looked out for others around her. I'm ashamed at myself for not keeping in touch with her since she moved out to the hills. I hope she and my mom are in heaven reminicing about the good times.

Our time on Earth is so precious and short. We have the burden and responsibility to try to make it a better place for everyone. Our time will end here. It could be today or 50 years from now. It's time for me to live my life because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

0 comments: